Monday, April 28, 2008

She is the Champ and other thoughts

Well, it was a weekend to remember. Brittney brought home 3- 1st places, 1-3rd, and 1-4th from the Ohio State Baton Championships in Dayton. She is very excited and tired. They are testing for 5th grade proficiency this week. I felt bad that we got home so late last night but what a confidence booster a weekend of winning can be!!

Got an email from one of my friends from High School. Her father passed away over the weekend. My prayer for Holly and her family is that God will give them the strength to get through the next few days. Mr. Whitmire was 90 years old and lived a full life. I was so excited to hear that he had finally given his heart to the Lord.

Speaking of life, Allen is doing well. He returned to work today and I continue to try to not worry about him and let him live his life in peace. It's not easy!

I have had the book "In a Pit with A Lion On a Snowy Day" for at least a year on my book shelf and have not gotten to read it. I was flipping through it today and found this statement: LION CHASERS THRIVE IN THE TOUGHEST CIRCUMSTANCES BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT IMPOSSIBLE ODDS SET THE STAGE FOR AMAZING MIRACLES.
Wow.......!!!!!!!! I love that! Bring on the miracles God!
How big is your God? The God I serve is so much bigger than my circumstances. He knew that on Monday, April 20th at 10:30 AM-Allen Wilson would have an issue with his heart. He know that it would cause stress to the family and He knew what amount of strength I had to deal with the set back.
I have been so overwhelmed this past week, with the thought, of knowing Father God for His character.
What is character? Websters defines it as: The pattern of behavior found in an individual.
What is God's pattern of behavior? He will never leave you or forsake you. He Is the constant in your life.

No comments: