Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sometimes I need a good laugh...at myself

Do you think God has a sense of humor? I do!
A few weeks ago, I was late getting the kids up and ready for school. I ran around and did not take a shower, I put my hair up in a ponytail, threw on a t-shirt and capri sweats. After dropping the kids off I noticed that our gas gage was really on empty(it is not working to well these days).
So, I head off to the gas station to pump gas.
Now that I am on the school board, I hate going out in public in Chardon. I see people I know and people who I don't know but know me EVERYWHERE!!
I jump out to hide between the van and the pump and realize that....Oh Joy....the card reader is not working. So, I must take my card in the station and pay for the gas.
Now, things were just not going my way because the reader inside was not working and much to my dismay........I see 2 people I know. I would have to be at the Get Go. I think it's the busiest place in Chardon
Finally, I swipe the card and pay. In a hurry, I walked out and left the card with the girl at the desk.
I pumped my gas and realized that not only did I leave the card inside but I was freezing because I live in NE Ohio and it's cold even in June. The date was in May but the weather was like early March.
To be cleaver, I get in the van and drive up to the door of the Get Go. I got out and went in to get my card. Fly back out of the store and YUP......I locked the keys in the van with it running.
I check all my doors with all of those wonderful Chardon residents looking at me.
Now, I must contact Chardon Police to get the door open.
As I go back into the Get Go, the male clerks are laughing at me. Glad I could brighten their day.
I called the police and about 5min. later Chardon's finest show up.
"Hello, Mrs. Wilson. How does this officer know my name?
Now he is working on getting into the van and asks me how things on the school board are going?
Oh JOY!!! Down and out AND famous in Chardon, OH. Sounds like a book title for losers doesn't it?
The door was finally opened and I was on my way.
Life is never dull around the Wilson house. We are a group of goofs and sometimes just have to laugh at things that happen to us.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I'm sure everyone just needed to know that you are human like the rest of us!

It does sound like a day in my life!!