Wednesday, July 9, 2008

11 years ago today

This morning my mind has been thinking about where I was on July 9, 1997.......Yes, 11 years ago today I had lost 21 lbs., threw up all day long for 9 months, and had a nasty rash.....I itched all day long for 9 months. I would spend most nights awake and pray a whole lot. I cannot believe how time flies. I remember those thoughts of wondering what type of mother I would be, if I had what it took to take care of a baby that would be dependent on Allen and I for all of their earthly needs.
Here we are 11 years later and I still wonder on some days if I have what it takes to raise a daughter who will love God (First and Foremost) ,a woman of honor, one that is confident yet gentle. A woman who can love others with a open heart but not be taken advantage of. I wonder if she will change her world for Christ. I wonder about who will steal her heart someday....will he be an example of Christ's love to her, will he be her hero, will he do all the things that he will promise on their wedding day. I do know that I have many of the same questions that I had 11 years ago today. Tomorrow, we will celebrate 11 years of being Brittney's parents!!! I look forward to all the years to come

1 comment:

Sharon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTNEY!