Friday, February 6, 2009

My Friend Mary Beth Bradshaw and her first born


This was a post by a friend from college on her blog. It's a great story, I will post my story on Monday. Maybe you want to tell me about your stories.

My first fun survey. Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!Let's see how much you remember!1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?Yes... but I miscarried in the first tri-mester so THIS is about my Second planned pregnancy. :-)
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?Yes. 3.5 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?So happy... but I cried. I was fearful I would lose this one too.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?Are you kidding me? NO WAY!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?23.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?Went to the doctor.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?Steve of course. Then my mom and dad.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?No. Wanted to be surprised.
9. DUE DATE?February 25, 1988.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?ALL DAY sickness. For 5 months, thank you very much.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?Frosted Cherry Poptarts. The ONLY thing I could keep down.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?People telling me how BIG I was and asking, "Are you having twins?" or "Aren't you EVER going to have that baby???" I wanted to punch 'em.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?A wonderful, strong, perfect, healthy Boy.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?Nope. We really wanted a boy first.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?46. Yep. I really WAAAAS large... just didn't want to hear other people comment on that fact.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?Two. One at our church in Arkansas. And a video shower from my church in Adrian. THAT was a blast.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?No suprises.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?Do you really want me to go there? Where do I start?Partial bedrest at 7 months. (pre-eclampsia)Full bed rest at the beginning of my nineth month (slow bleeding and pre-elcampsia)...Labor induced. Hemorrhaged with first contraction. Lost half my blood. Had blood transfusion...4 units... Almost Died. Really.Had a rare thing called Placenta Acreta...along with a placenta abruption.Was in ICU for 3 days with a nurse at my bed around the clock for the first 36 hours. They didn't know if I would make it. People prayed.God knew Steve couldn't do it alone. And my baby needed a mommy.I am still here today thanks to Jesus and some skilled doctors and nurses he sent my way.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?Camden, Arkansas.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?0. I have never had a labor pain.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?Steve
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?OB staff. Steve was not allowed in becuase it was an emergency.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?Emergency C-section.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?Was totally out for surgery. After...Yes. Don't remember much the first couple of days. After that I was pushing the button for meds every 3 hours. My hips were sore for MONTHS from all the shots.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?9 lbs. 12 oz.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?February 26, 1988. 11:04 a.m.
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?Stephan Weston Bradshaw
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Wow... I made Debbie's Blog. I am honored.

I will have to fill you in on the other gory details sometime in person. Too much to write.

I will say that last April a friend of a friend did die with this same thing. It was her third baby. Now those three babies do not have a mommy. When I hear stories like that, I realize just how much of a miracle God had given me in my life and two kids.