Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Taxes and other things that are out of my league

Have you ever worked on taxes?
Or should I say.....have you ever worked on taxes and you are not an accountant? I HATE THIS STUFF!
Today, I determined in my mind that I was going to give myself a headache and work in preparing our taxes to send to the accountant. No, never mind that most times I really feel like sending him a box full of stuff and tell him to figure it out.......NO....we cannot do that.....because we have to save a dime.
I handle the finances for our ministry and do a pretty good job. I make sure that everyone gets their tithing reports and all that stuff in time and have only had one mistake over the past 7 years but IT's STILL ALL OUT OF MY LEAGUE.
No on to parenting, my wonderful husband and I are trying to raise 2 God fearing, upstanding, polite children and very often feel that.....I'm out of my league.
I serve the 88sq. miles of Chardon Local School District and.....I'm out of my league very often.
I have been married for 13+ years and there are many days that I feel......I'm out of my league.
I have so many wonderful friends and they all add something to my life but there are times......I'm out of my league.
My husband and I serve the body of believers at Chester Christian Center and....I am often out of my league.
I wonder many nights.....What in the WORLD am I going to cook for dinner?....Out of my league.
I try to help my kids with their homework and YOU GUESSED IT........I'm out of my league......even with the 3rd grader.
No all of this can make a person wonder.........What exactly is My League?
I said all that to say........Ladies, do you ever feel "Out of Your League?" Just remember, the following:
1) Take a minute and step back
2) Breath, sit, and have a cup of tea or your favorite drink.
3) Take time to focus
4) Remember that Father accepts us just as we are and........HE IS NEVER........OUT OF OUR LEAGUE!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Thanks. I needed that. I always feel out of my league.

SO when are you coming to MI?