Thursday, April 2, 2009

Old People Polish

I am blond! Yes, you heard me folks.....I am a blond now.
Yesterday I decided to do something for myself. I should say......I let someone do something for me that I normally do myself. My son calls it "OLD PEOPLE POLISH."

I have started to gray around my temples and have had a hard time covering it for any length of time. So I decided to spend the money and go to the beauty shop and get my hair highlighted and the gray covered........BIG MISTAKE!

Now for years, I have done my own hair and managed just fine. You would think I would be content but NO!!! I have to try the commercial way and get my hair done. SO.....I spent 24 hours as a blond.

Do they have more fun? Not in my 24 hours. All I wanted to do is hide my head and happened to have a day where I needed to be out in public. O Joy!!?!?!?!
The look on my husband's face was priceless; my children were not amused and in fact....laughed.
They are all such supportive people!!!

Anyhow, today I went back to the salon and WASHED THAT BLONDE RIGHT OUT OF MY HAIR.

Moral to this story....Why spend the money and let someone mess up what you can mess up yourself???? Next time, go out and get yourself some OLD PEOPLE POLISH and do your hair yourself and save at least $40 bucks.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

PICTURES! We MUST have PICTURES!