Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We had a moment


Sunday night I was having one of those nights that I could not sleep. It was only the 3rd night that week.........about 3PM I took a small trip to the bathroom and when I came out there were 2 beautiful big eyes glaring at me. LOL!! There was my little buddy Matthew smiling in my spot.
He could not sleep either. So Matt and I moved daddy over and watched TV for about an hour until he fell asleep and then I went to sleep at 6:15.
Yesterday, I wanted to take a nap SO BAD but just I was ready to wonder off into dream land...Matthew came yelling up the stairs...."COME SEE.....COME SEE....MOM"
So I headed down the stairs (my eyes ready to roll back in my head) and as I looked out of the window in my office I saw the most beautiful site.
For 2 months now, I had been upset that there were 2 birds invading my English ferns on the front porch. I had tried everything to get these stupid birds out of my plants because they are killing them.
Anyhow, we have babies......yes....the most beautiful site was 2 baby birds that have hatched and 2 more eggs waiting to hatch.
The birds obviously thought that Matthew was mom and they opened their moths for some food.
I made sure that Matt did not touch the nest but he found 2 worms and fed the birds. We talked about why he should not touch the nest and then the question came......."would you ever leave me alone mom?" The mommy heart strings were struck and I hugged him and told him all about that I would always be mom and would keep him forever if I could but there will come a time when I will need to push him off the nest so that he can fly. Can you hear The Circle of Life from Lion King playing in the background?
It was a very sweet moment.
This morning, #3 hatched and mommy bird is still taking care of her babies.
Matthew is such a "boy". He loves all the things that little boys should love .....yet......he has such a gentle side. I say he is my other daughter at times.
It was one of those "Mommy" moments that I will never forget.

No comments: