Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Friend and Marriage Partner


We have friends that are experiencing some marriage issues. After 15 years together, it has become difficult for them to be together.

Marriage is certainly a work in process. I liken it very much to my relationship with the Lord. Who knows me better and loves me more in the way my husband does?

It is so easy to let "life" become a stumbling block to a healthy marriage. It is so easy to find myself justified in my own thoughts and views of marriage.

We really need to remind ourselves daily that it takes TWO with a central strand of ONE, to make the ties bind and not become disconnected.

Thank you Allen for being my husband and best friend. You are God's gift to me and I never want to take that for granted even though I do not let you know you are God's gift often enough. Thank you for being a part of the thing called our marriage......the work in progress. I pray that we can continue to love and like even when it's difficult.

I love you!

No comments: