Friday, March 21, 2008

What's Good about Good Friday?

I have heard more people remark about Good Friday this year than ever before. Conversations about the fact that "Good Friday" was always an automatic holiday at work and there were no stores open on Easter Sunday. These days it seems that we loose more respect for the very basis in which our country was built on.
I still find it amusing that the two "holidays" that are most important on the calendar revolve around the Savior that came to save this world. Does it not seems like everything around us is shifting? I pray daily that my children find their hope and strength in the Rock that will not change.

I love the words of this old hymn.

“My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

“When darkness veils his lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace. In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.”

“His oath, His covenant, His blood – support me in the whelming flood. When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.”

On Christ the solid rock I stand – all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.”


What is good about Good Friday? It is the Rock that shed His blood so that you and I have a hope that lasts when everything else is shifting. Just think.......One man....was brutally abused.......nailed on a cross......just so that YOU can live and have eternal life.

No comments: