Thursday, April 3, 2008

One is Silver and the other Gold

It's been 5 years now that I attended my 20 yr. class reunion. Well yesterday I got the notice about our 25th Reunion. Oh, joy........an email reminder that.....if I did not already know......I am firmly implanted in MIDDLE AGE.
When the Class of 83 had our 10th reunion, everyone basically ended up back with their same groups that they hung out with in high school. Fast forward to the 20th and it was a lot of fun.
A smaller group came to the reunion for whatever reason and we ended up in a big circle talking about memories, friends, families and new friends.
At that reunion, I reconnected with some people that were friends in high school but we had really lost track of each other.
Over the past 5 years, the emails go back and forth every once in a while and we keep in touch a little better.
College was a little different. Because of the ministry, I see people that I went to college with once in a while at conventions and when we are out ministering. Those friendships have been a little easier to keep in touch.
I am thankful for all the people that have crossed my life over the years. Elementary, Jr. High, High School, College, and beyond.......there have been people that have added to my life.
Friendships often experience seasons. If you are in a season of winter with an old friend, why don't you pick up the phone, write a card, or send an email and re-connect.
It's like the old song: Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.

No comments: