Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania


Who would think that there would be so much discussion about the Pennsylvania.
Our daughter Brittney is sick so I stayed home from church last night to be with her and caught some of the Obama vs Clinton Debate.
I have many friends who live in Pennsylvania that are great people but I am really tired of hearing about the people of Pennsylvania.
It makes me want to write a Blues Song that goes something like this:
I'm running for President
It's 2008
I eat out of a cardboard box
In the land of PA
These people are middle class Appalachian mountain people
And they ain't got no class
Cuz' I'm down and out in PA
My boy Bill
Was the greatest president who ever lived
Now I'm running to fill his shoes
Got no experience as president
But I think I do........
Because I lived in the White House
For 8 long years
Cuz' I'm down and out in PA
I know......enough already.........you can write your own song.

Last fall I ran for school board here in Chardon and in just 3 short months, I was tired of myself. I did end up winning. Maybe if I did not win, I would have felt different about this issue.
Do you think these people are tired of themselves?
It seems to me that Mrs. Clinton loves to talk about herself and her husband. It is my perception that Mr. Obama does not realy talk about himself to the degree that Mrs. Clinton does. Enough already!!
I would love to know if the people of PA are tired of their state being in the limelight and hearing about these candidates. Maybe my PA friends could send me your comments.
November cannot get here fast enough for me so that this political process can end for a while.
I am a naturalized citizen and find it an honor to have the opportunity to vote for a president but I would love to just have 2 debates on the issues, a 6 week campaign, and then we vote.

No comments: