Friday, April 11, 2008

Safety and Society




The Great Geauga County Maple Festival started last night. This is the only time of year that I don't like living in Chardon. We dismantle our town for 4 days every spring for Maple Syrup??? I don't get it.
Anyhow, Thursday is Family night and the rides are discounted. The grease is at it's best on the first night. Love those hogies, bloomin onion, and elephant ears! Now we have to not eat for the next 3 days to make up for what we ate on Thursday.
Our friends, Brenda and Mike Morris have the honor of their son being the 2008 Maple Festival Prince. He looks so cute in this picture. Last night some older teen boys were making fun of Connor, they punched and pushed him down. Connor has a goose egg on his head and did not have a great night.
You know, I cannot believe it! We live in a nice little town that has about 10,000 residents in the Village. It's a place where you can leave your door unlocked and feel safe.
What kind of world do we live in that teen boys would openly make fun of a little boy and try to hurt him? We don't live in downtown Cleveland, Detroit or New York City.
Everyday, before our kids go to school, I stop and pray with them before they leave our home. I pray protection, favor with others, and that God gives them wisdom during their day.
No parent wants to have someone pick on the child. I feel for Brenda and Mike today. I know that they will have a very busy weekend and I pray that they will be able to enjoy Connor's time a Maple Festival Prince.
Connor, " I pray that God would give you favor with all you come in contact with and that He would protect you in your coming and going." Coach Wilson and I are proud of your accomplishment. Have a great weekend!

No comments: