Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time for Spring Cleaning


Mom use to tell me that a clean house really showed what was going on in your heart. She always told me that a pastor's home should always be clean.

My mom is a wonderful woman and I can only hope to be half the woman she is. She has managed most of her married life to work a full time job, raise kids, be a great cook, is Martha Stewart (the Indian version), and keep a home that you can eat off the floors. Girls, she is a CLEAN chick!

She has passed this demented gene to my sister and I. My sister does a better job at it because she still has no children and crazy schedules that we keep around here.

As I think of Spring Cleaning, I get REALLY excited about things looking and smelling clean.

I use my Windex on stains, Mr. Clean on the counters and hard surfaces, a special cleaner from the Antique store for my woodwork and cabinets, and my most favorite..........Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I am telling you.....the Mr. Clean eraser is amazing. It cleans those wonderful shower floors, walls, vinyl windows........I could go on but I won't.

When I think about spring cleaning my husband is not always happy until I am done because he says that I have to blow up the room before I can clean it. Now, he thinks that because he (bless his wonderful heart)wipes off the counter where he spilled the sugar and does not ever see the sugar that has fallen behind or next to the canister.
I have been a christian since the age of 4. I have no great stories to tell. I have loved the Lord as long as I can remember but there are times that I need to do a little spring cleaning of the heart.

I have had times in my christian walk when it has been winter. Although the snow is beautiful and it covers a multitude of sins.......IT'S GOING TO MELT! Yes, when that snow melts the ground that is left under always looks so grungy. It needs a good power washing.

I find myself needing a some Mr. God magic eraser to wipe the grunge clean and make all things new.

A few year ago, Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a song "All Things New". I leave you today with the words to that song. Is it time for you to do a little heart spring cleaning?

You spoke and made the sunrise, to light up the very first day
You breathed across the water, and started the very first wave
It was You You introduced Your glory, to every living creature on earth
And they started singing, the first song to ever be heard They sang for You
You make all things new
You make all things new
Then the world was broken, fallen and battered and scarred You took the hopeless, the life, wasted, ruined and marred
And made it new
You make all things new
You make all things new
You redeem and You transform You renew and You restore
You make all things new
You make all things new And forever we will watch and worship You
You turn winter into spring
You take every living thing
And You breathe Your breath of life into it over and over again
You make the sunrise, day after day after day But there's a morning coming, when old things will all pass away
And everyone will see
You make all things new
You make all things new
Come redeem and come transform Come renew and come restore You make all things new You make all things new
And forever we will watch and worship You
Now and forever
You are making all things new
You're making all things new

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

I found your page via the AG blogring, I loved this post. I am a clean fanatic (my family says I am just OCD) it is no surprise that I have my own cleaning business and take what I love to make extra money. I loved your connection of the Mr Clean magic eraser (which I love also) and related it to God cleaning us up. Isn't God awesome that he erases what lies in our past and makes things new with salvation. God bless you. - Laurie