Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Chapman Family


Last night Maria Sue Chapman, adopted and youngest daughter of Mary Beth & Steven Curtis Chapman, was killed in a tragic accident in the family driveway. She was Life Flighted to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital but for only reasons God can explain she went home to Him... not back to Franklin as we all so desperately wanted.

This was a quote from Steven Curtis Chapman's email sent out this morning. I heard about the news on every news cast I watched this morning.
I don't even know these people, I have only met Steven once when he was singing at GL Mall in Mentor and I feel such a loss. It is a tragic story. I cannot imagine how the family feels, much less her brother, who was driving the SUV.
What do we do when the pain of life becomes more than we can handle?
Some people, turn to a bottle to drink away their sorrows, some shop and build debt, some eat, others beat their spouse or children. You can fill in the blank of what you might do.

I am sure that the pain the Chapmans are (and will) experiencing is far more than they feel that they can handle. The one thing they do have is a hope.

How can I say they have a hope? Because their hope is in Christ. He IS the only constant. The world is a very cold and cruel place. My God has not changed. He is my Hiding Place. He is the peace that passes ALL understanding. He is the Solid Rock. He is the God of a bright future. He is the God who is in the midst of the Storm. And He is the God who holds your hand.

Today, I pray that God will give the Chapmans a peace that passes all understanding. The story is still being written in the lives of the Steven Curtis Chapman family. I am sure that God will reveal himself for who He is. The God of HOPE!!!!!

No comments: