Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ever Been Cold........?

It is day # 3 of football camp and like a true football mom, I sat in the COLD rain and watched. The head football coach at the high school told me that I was being an excellent football mom. But here's the problem.........I'M COLD!! I had a fever 2 days this week and my glands are swollen and I am cold. Enough whining!
On Monday, I heard Tim Russert's son talk about his dad and the importance of parents. He talked about his dad always being there for his practices. He talked about the fact that when he was little that his dad would run home from work when it was time for him to come home from school. Tim would stay for only 30min. many times but dad was there. He said his parents always worked their schedules so that they did not miss a practice or game if at all possible.
How awesome!! I am sure that was not easy for the Russerts in their high powered careers.
Tim's son said that his dad did everything to keep his travel schedule as little as possible so that he was not gone all the time. He talked about that there was not a day that went by when dad made sure that he told his son that he loved him.
I think sometimes fathers think that providing for their children is all they need but listen dads......it's so important for you to TELL your children that you love them.
This week has been special for my husband because he has been able to move around his schedule at work to be part of the coaching staff running the camp.
Do you have children? I would like to challenge you. It is never to late to show up to those practices and games that can be OH SO VERY LONG. Let that laundry go for another day....it will be there believe me.......and take advantage of those moments with your children that only come along once. Before you know it they will be gone and you will have missed the window of time.

No comments: