Monday, July 28, 2008

25 Years


We celebrated being old all weekend. It's been 25 years since I graduated from Geneva High School.
Friday night, we met at a Restaurant for dinner. It was fun meeting with a few of our classmates and then wondering who some of the people were.
Saturday, we went to a wedding and about died in the heat. The wedding was outside and it was beautiful but I did feel like I have never been so hot in my life. Then we changed and went to the major part of the reunion. I had such a good time!! I made sure that every time a camera was taken out......I was in the picture. Seems that 25 years later, I am still the social butterfly that I was in school. It was cause for laughter among my classmates. Enough fun for me, we had to leave early to the reception. So we got on I90 and headed to Willoughby. Got there just in time to eat......oh good.....we did not have to starve for the evening. The food was good and the evening finished much to early. I forgot in my old age that we had kids that needed to be picked up from the sitter. I do love a good party!
Yesterday, we went to the Family Picnic. Almost everyone has kids that are older than our kids. I mean..... teenagers or older. The kids were complaining that there was no one to play with.
Matthew has figured out that the "old lady paste" was for the reunion.
What is "old lady paste" you ask? Hair color. I did my hair last week and he had a good time making fun of me.
We followed the picnic with football equipment pick-up and then Allen went to a football coaches meeting. Next thing we knew, it was 10:30 and the day was finally over.
All in all, it was great to see friends. It's funny how time seems to make those memories just a little bit sweeter. Maybe the my memory is going after 25 years also?!??!

No comments: