Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gotta Get to the Point


Yesterday we took our family pilgrimage to Cedar Point. We had not gotten to the point all year and as of tonight, we no longer have any evenings open until school starts. It's football season now.
Anyhow, I am not sure if it's because it's the week of my 25th HS Reunion or the fact that I'm a 43 year old trying to hang with kids. I must confess, I do want to be the cool mom.
I rode most of what our kids wanted to ride yesterday but at the end of the day.....came the real test........I was tired but I always have one more coaster left in me. I had not been on the Raptor in a few years because I mostly rode with Matthew in the past years because he was to short to ride the big stuff. That all changed this year, we ALL rode the Maverick......what a great ride!
Cool mom rode the Power Tower with Brittney because Cool dad does not like that thing.
We got on the Raptor at night. I love riding at night........EXCEPT.....for the bugs. Don't scream boys and girls or you will add protein to your diet at the cheapest cost in Cedar Point.....FREE.
So, I got my protein early, and still screamed. This event followed by my feet and legs that are still in pain today and I really don't have a voice today.
I am the coolest mom on the planet though because I surprised Matthew with a glow light saber when he was not looking. I have never gotten a THANK YOU MOM like that one! It's one of those priceless moments that I don't think I will ever forget!
Overall, yesterday was one of those priceless days spent as a family making memories!

No comments: