Sunday, July 6, 2008

Late Nights and Early Mornings


Insomnia: Some people think that it only means not sleeping for days on end. But that’s not entirely true. Insomnia simply means you have trouble sleeping. Whether it’s trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, waking up earlier than you want to, or not feeling refreshed when you do wake up—just having one of these symptoms is enough to say that you have insomnia.
There you go, the definition of Insomnia. I seem to have this issue in my life. Last night, I finally fell asleep around 1AM......oh yes.......wide awake at 3:15AM. That really stinks. It's not that I'm not sleepy because I really am right now. The problem is my mind.
This happens to me a few times a week. I really hate the TYPE "A" personality. What can I fix at 2AM??
I lay down and my mind starts to process all the things that (I feel) needs to get done around here. NUTS!!!! yes, I am nuts.
This night, I have done some paperwork in my office, read some blogs, red the bible, and asked God to talk to my spirit. He is either not saying much or I'm just toooooo tired to hear His voice.
I think there are times in our lives that we have spiritual "late nights and early mornings" those are the times that we simply do not hear His voice.
The Father always is there and ready to speak life into us but we are mentally not ready to hear Him. We simply need to find REST in the Almighty..........He is the one that will give direction, peace, assurance, you fill in the blank for what you need.
Ask Him to help you when you have those late nights and early mornings. He is there to meet you.
As for me, I think a Sunday afternoon nap is in order!

No comments: