Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seasons Part 1


Tropical Storm........what's her name? I think it's Fay. Fay is not being a nice girl and she is pounding the beautiful state of Florida today.
I am a girl who would do well living in Florida during hurricane season. I love storms!
My parents have a 3 season room in their home. I love to be at their house when there is a storm. I sit outside and watch the lightening and love watching the storm with all of those windows. Crazy.......don't you think?
There have been times in my life when it's been Hurricane Season.
Hurricanes are interesting because with all of technology that is available today.........these people STILL cannot tell you exactly when, where, or what a hurricane is going to do.
I have had seasons in life when I did not see the storm coming but have also had seasons when my spirit knew the storm was on the horizon and I did not know the when, where, or what.
Have you ever doubted God in the midst of the storm?
Jesus talks in Matthew 21 about doubting God and having faith. Even in Hurricane Season.
The word says: "Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done."
Speak to your mountain (hurricane) and speak in the name of Jesus. There is no other that can calm the storms of life.
And remember that Hurricane Season only lasts for a while. The SON (sun) will shine again into your life and the winds will subside.

No comments: