Thursday, August 21, 2008

Seasons Part 2


It's almost Fall, my favorite season. I cannot wait to see the beautiful colors this year will bring us. I think it should be a good one. The rain should help those trees be spectacular.

Fall brings another season here in Northeast Ohio and usually another season in our lives.

It's that time when we feel like things are changing and beginning to die.

My husband is always telling me that it's a sad time of year because kids have to go back to school and everything looks bad.

When you think of fall, what do you think of?

Sometimes, in our walk with the Lord, we experience times when we are coming down from the mountain.

Can you imagine what Moses felt like? He is on a mountain and has experienced God. Yes, this was a true experience with God like no one had. He had been to his "own" revival and did not even have to share the experience with any other person. Then he comes down from the mountain. I am sure he looked just like Charlton Heston did in the Ten Commandments. He had the Ten Commandments and was about to give the sermon of his life. Well, you know the rest of the story.

The interesting thing I find in that story is that when you experience God in very real ways, Satan is always there to bring you back to reality.

I look at fall as a time that is necessary to prepare us to do some soul searching and help us to experience God in our daily lives. It's not the heat and fun of summer but a time in which we begin to turn inward and find out where we apply God's word and revelation daily.

No comments: