Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Honor of Serving


It's no secret that I really enjoy teens. They are full of such hope and energy that I don't have...(the energy that is).
I serve the Chardon Local School District as a member of the Board of Education. It has truly been an honor to serve the students, parents, teachers, and voters of this district. I did not really enjoy to campaign process but since I have been on the board, I have found it an honor.
Today I got to do one of the fun parts of the job.
The Chardon HS Cheerleaders are 3 year National Champions. This morning they left for Orlando to see Mickey and bring home another National Championship. Yes, girls.....YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!
I enjoyed talking with parents and the girls. They even let me take a group picture with the Champions.
Today, I am thankful for the many opportunities that God has afforded me in this life. He has taken me to places I have dreamed of and allowed me to meet people that are His children and that He loves.
Today, I am thankful for the honor to serve and be a servant.
I want to say Good Luck to the CHS Cheerleaders........We are very proud of you girls!!!

No comments: