Monday, June 1, 2009

Thinking about friends

Today, I have been working in the office, trying to fill our ministry schedule for the rest of the year. I never knew that I would be a booking agent when I went to bible school. In fact, there were a whole lot of things that no one ever taught me in bible school that I have learned about ministry.
1) Guess who gets to do the jobs around the church that no one else does?
2) Painting 101
3) Trash dumping 101
4) Sunday School teaching for ages 0-99 at the drop of a hat
5) Construction in various forms
6) Keeping awake when you have been up all night with a hurting soul
7) What to do when the bride has "lost her grip" the day before her wedding or the wedding food is "frozen"
8) Did I mention Toilet Cleaning 101
9) How to start a church and make sure it is running 500 in 3 short months....debt free
10) The value of ministry friendships
These are just some things that I have been thinking about today.
Now, it's funny I know but you think about it......did they teach you those things?
The main thing on that list I want to talk about is my "ministry friends". I have been so blessed to have made friendships with people all over this country whom I met during my years spent in Springfield, MO. Now, I have not seen some of them in years but because of modern day technology I can re-connect with them and it's like time has not passed ....... we have just added new people to our family.
I am thankful for those who we have kept in contact and we have enjoyed ministry High and Lows......Marriage......Kids.....Sports.....Ballet.....Diapers (some of us Doug)........Pool time.....Summer......Winter.....you name it. It's all part of being Friends!!!
It is wonderful to know that although we are living out our "callings" in various cities and towns within the path that God set before us....I can always pick up a phone, send an email, or text and there will be a friendly voice on the the other side to listen and say a prayer.......I am truly blessed!!!
Today, I am thankful for my Friends!!

No comments: