Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Words

For sometime now I have had a real problem with Christians using words that I feel do not honor the Lord. We use words like: crap, dang-it, sucks, screwed.....etc.. and we think it's alright because we are not actually cussing. The bible has much to say about our tongues and our hearts. James 3:10 "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing." Now, please don't get me wrong, I don't judge someone because it's not my place to judge. I can tell you that it grinds my nerves.
I think everyday we need to ask Father to search our hearts and help us to see what is unpleasing to Him.
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church in Texas wrote a blog about "The Cussing Pastor", I thought it had some great thoughts. You can view it and read it on his blog and post your thoughts here or on his blog......I would love to know what you think.
Here is the link: http://www.edyoungblog.com/2009/06/the-cussing-pastor.html

No comments: