Friday, July 10, 2009

She came into my life today

12 years ago today I was blessed to meet a girl that would change my life forever.
7:41PM on July 10, 1997, Brittney Nichole Wilson came into our lives. She was our first born....happy, easy to take care of, full of joy, full of personality, and beautiful. 12 years later, she is all of those things and more.
Brittney and I spent this morning together and I could not help but find myself thinking back to what this day felt like 12 years ago. Oh yes......it was filled with pain but the overwhelming joy when she was born is just hard to explain to someone who has not experienced it themselves.
Over the past 12 years we have certainly made some mistakes but we have done a few things right also.
First and foremost in my mind is that we have (and continue to do so) taught her WHO JESUS IS. At the age of 3, Brittney sat at a Missionette Honor Star Crowning and listened to Pastor Don Hammer preach a simple message about salvation and Brittney responded to the altar call all on her own. She followed Pastor Hammer from one end of the altar area to the other (it was funny) because she did not want to miss her opportunity.
Brittney is kind and caring. One of the things I love about Brittney is her compassion for people. I don't know what she will do with her life but I pray that God will continue to guide her and use that compassion for His plan and purpose in her life.
Brittney has a sweet spirit. There are so many young people today that are just plain "mean". One of the things that stands out about her is that people always tell us about how sweet she is. I believe that is a gentle spirit that only God gives.
Brittney is bright. I have never met a kid that loves school and spends part of their summer wishing that school would start. She gets exceptional grades and the world is hers .......she can write her own tomorrows with God's guidance.
There are many more things and qualities that come to mind when I think about my baby girl today but I think besides for Jesus in her life the next most important is that I was given the honor of being "Brittney's Mom" on this day 12 short years ago.


Don't grow up to quickly baby......I will always be here for you......Mommy loves you!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So sweet! It is so true... it is almost impossible to find words to describe that first birth! I know exactly what you were trying to say.
Happy Birthday Brittney!