Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day







Today is Labor Day.
Did you know.......Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
Well today, I decided that we (as a family) need to contribute to the Well-Being of our home.
I made the declaration that we were not going to any picnics and declined invitations to very kind people who invited us to their homes. During the fall we are never home for more than 2 hours at a time so today......we are staying home.
Much to every one's dismay, the day began with cleaning of the playroom portion of the basement. It is still not finished but at least we can now see the floor. Big progress.
I moved everything in the formal living room and dining room and cleaned walls, baseboards and all that stuff that I used to do monthly.
As I was cleaning, I noticed that we have more weds than mulch in the front flower beds. I think that will be next Saturday.
So today we LABOR as a family and tonight we sit around like SLUGS!!!

No comments: