Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Family, Weddings and other Priceless Moments




Here I am again. I know....I promised to write everyday but we were in Toronto (Canada) for a wedding.
This past weekend my youngest cousin, on mom's side, got married. Now, we are more like brother and sister than cousins so it was a little emotional for me.
Most of our family are Hindus'. Although it was a different ceremony for my children to experience, it was a very colorful event with great food. IT REALLY ROCKED!!!I have posted some pictures or you.
As I watched the ceremony and then the next day a truly great reception, I was reminded of the bond that family has and what a rich heritage my children are a part of.
My parents, along with my cousins' parents, came to the US and Canada in the late 60's to begin their lives over again. They worked hard and instilled in all of us the sense of strong family ties.
We were raised as brothers and sisters not cousins. Now we are all married and have families of our own. We have talked about the importance of raising our children to have the same "closeness" and values that we were raised with.
We have determined in our minds to call, email and visit one another a little better than we have in the past. We owe it to our children to creat an atmosephere for those "priceless moments" that our parents created for us.
I see it as a generational blessing that God has given to our family.
On the less serious side, the party was a great blast and my knees and ankles are tired from dancing with family. But what great fun it was! Did I mention that the food was great?

No comments: