Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I have learned to TRUST


Yesterday I was was writing my blog around 10:30AM. The house was quiet because Matthew was home from school with a fever and Allen had just come off 3rd shift and had just fallen asleep.
In my bog (that was not posted), I wrote this line: "sometimes we need to walk in the valley". Just about the time, I heard my husband make a loud noise and my son screaming Daddy.
Allen's heart had stopped and he was fighting for his life.
This happened to him about 6 years ago and he was on meds for a low blood pressure. About a year and a half ago- Allen was pulled off the meds and he has been fine since.
911 was called and I was in the middle of a very upset son and my husband laying on the couch needing me. Who do I help and talk to the 911 operator? I snatched up Matt and talked with the operator. Finally, I got Matthew settled down enough to go to the front door and wait for the Ambulance. To make a long story short, Allen was taken to the hospital and we spent our day there.
Now, I will get back to my blog from yesterday.
Andre Crouch wrote some years ago: Through it all.....I've learned to trust in Jesus.....I have learned to trust in God. Through it all....I have learned to depend upon His word.
I thank Him for the valleys, I thank for the trials.......
What? I have to thank Him for the Valleys and Trials? Yes, my friend we all do. How do you learn to trust God in every situation? Thank Him in spite!!! His word says that He is the friend that sticks closer than a brother, He is the God who heals, He is there in the valleys, and finally HE IS!! What more do I need?
It is a little hard to process yesterday in my natural self but I have the peace to know that FATHER has a plan and He walks every step of it all!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

How is hubby? What a scary thing.