Saturday, April 19, 2008

Unexpected Encouragement

January 2006, Allen was part of a lay-off at Rockwell Automation after 10 years of employment with the company and 17 years in the industry. Now, they took his management position and replaced him with 2 people in a non-management role. The next 18 months he spent looking for work. The church does help us with conventions and some things like that but he does not draw a salary from them. Our traveling ministry has been cut down because we are on staff as Family Life Pastors and that was not making the bills either.
18 months and no employment........Oooooch!
It has been hard to recover and things are very tight at times.
Today, I can see the discouragement on my husband face. Yes, he is employed again but considerably less than what he made at Rockwell.
I usually don't log on my computer on Saturdays but decided to read our the blog from our General Secretary of the Assemblies of God.
My parents know him and his wife from when the pastored in the same section back in the 70's.
Pastor John's parents were two of the most Godly people I have every known in my life. I will never forgot his mother's kindness to me when I was a teenager.
Pastor John's blog was an encouragement to me today. It reminded me that God is always here with me....even if I don't feel Him!
Thanks for the reminder John!
Here is a link to his blog if you would like to read it: http://johnmpalmer.agblogger.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just recently found your blog on the AG ring and thought "Hey I know her!", then yesterday got the e-mail from Becky Garrett that Allen was in the hospital for heart problems.

I am praying for you.

Please let us know how he is doing.

God is always there with you!!

Ilona Hadinger