Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Back

Hello blog world....I am back!
We have been in Columbus all week for our annual Distinct Council for the Assemblies of God.
It was nice to get away, spend time with the Lord, friends, and my parents.
What a hoot!! We laughed together and talked about those nasty gas prices. I am very blessed to have the heritage that I do.
My parents are first generation Pentecostals and they have paved a road for my sister and I to walk in.
On Tuesday night, we joined as 9 candidates were ordained into the ministry. It was very moving to watch a couple that I had known the wife since she was a young girl. There was another couple that the wife was ordained after ministering with her husband for years.
What a blessing to watch as God's call on their lives were affirmed in such a profound way.
On Wednesday, the Ohio Distinct voted it's very first woman presbyter. Now, I am not much of a women's lib type girl but it was a really great moment.
I have known Donna for years, served with her as we were the only women on the youth rep. committee and spent time with her talking about the ministry when we were both young ministers.
I think it is a wonderful thing that she will bring a different insight to the presbyters and their meetings.
I want to offer my prayers to you Donna as you minister in a new capacity in the Ohio District.
We have come a long way in the Ohio District!

No comments: