Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Talking Baseball





Oh yes.....2 wonderful days of baseball. The highlight of the baseball season for me is All-Star week. I love it! I made my family watch the Home Run Derby, Old Timers Game, The Parade and the game (part of it), I was the only one who stayed up the entire 4 hrs and 55 min. for every exciting minute.
I do have a question for you Pittsburgh people. What happened to the Pirates uniform? I hate to admit it but I used to be a Pirate fan years ago when they had their signature black hats with the yellow stripes and the P in the front. The days of Willie Stargell. The Pirates are like the Dodgers, Indians, Yankees........the uniform is recognizable very easily. This new uniform is really........YUK!!!! How do you Pittsburgh people feel about it?
Matthew (my son) is a pretty good baseball player. I have dreams of him playing Major League baseball and him getting his mom and dad Club Seats to watch all of his games. Did I mention that he would lead all of MLB to the Lord and help to start a revival in America's past time?!??! He does have a dream to play MLB but I don't think it's as big as mine!!
How is your uniform? If you were to wear the uniform of a christian (whatever that is), would you be recognized or would you be mistaken for a non-believer?
Do people know you are a christian when you are a traffic and someone cuts you off, do they know by your speech, can they see Jesus lives in you?
I pray that my uniform does not change with the times but that I can always be known to have my Jesus (Yankee)pinstripe on.

1 comment:

elizabeth embracing life said...

I had the opportunity several years ago to meet the manager of the Pirates and indulge on good food in the box seats. The sad thing is, I am not particularly a baseball fan, and the people wining and dining me, used this event to impress me. However of the entire business trip, what impressed me was one of the executives who was wearing a WWJD bracelet. I asked him about it, acted like I had no idea what it meant and listened as he shared Christ. That "uniform" impressed me still to this day. Thanks for the blessing of your thoughts today.