Monday, July 14, 2008

Little House on the Prarie

Do you ever watch Little House on the Prairie? I watched it off and on when it was on TV originally but it was not one of those regular shows that we watched.
Well, the kids and I have really enjoyed watching it on the Hallmark Channel these days.
Today, it was the Christmas special when they talk about all of their memories. Matthew says that is his favorite episode. That cracks me up!
Why don't we have shows like this anymore. Now, I know it can be a little Corny at times but I never have to worry about what my kids are watching because it is just good, clean, and wholesome TV.
It bugs me, although it's funny, that shows like Wipe Out are hits. I don't get what is so great about watching people fall on a big red ball every week.
We have movies like High School Musical that are mega hits and yet the story is modern and you don't mind your kids watching it.
They say the Nick TV and other stations like that are doing extremely well. My kids would rather watch Boom TV with the old cartoons rather than Cartoon Network.
I wish we would voice our opinions more of what the family wants to watch and maybe things would change and Hollywood would get the message.
What's your opinon on TV watching these days?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just joined the blog ring and I really enjoy your blogs.

It's funny that you mention this because just this weekend my husband asked me why I was recording "The Jetsons" on our DVR. My reason was that there really isn't anything on tv that I find entertaining anymore. Even if a wholesome show is found, it's not very creative.